Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Newest Painting- a second Stefan Luchian replica


I finished this painting last week: my first completed piece since returning to Romania this Fall.  It's another replica of a painting by the early 20th Century Romanian painter Stefan Luchian.  It was a helpful study in shapes, and seemed fitting as the original work is displayed right here in town at the Cluj Art Museum.  I've also seen plenty of these traditional Transylvania ovens at Ethnography Museums located in Medias, Sibiu, and Cluj.

This painting should be my last watercolor for awhile, as I'm shifting to Acrylics and Oils for the next series of paintings.  (As with most of the pictures/paintings on my blog, you can click on the image to make it bigger.)

1 comment:

  1. We will be looking forward to your acrylics and oils in your upcoming series! And we enjoyed your newest painting

    ReplyDelete