Thursday, October 28, 2010

First in a Series of Four: Endless, Numbered Days


I recently completed my first painting in a series of four called, "Endless, Numbered Days."  This time, these paintings are 100% original (as opposed to my last two paintings, which were replicas), but they are inspired by a song called, "Passing Afternoon" by one of my favorite bands, Iron & Wine (you can listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dIQfL5kFQ.)  I think it's pretty remarkable that a song can inspire a painting or a poem, and vice-versa, a clear sign that they're tapping into the same area of the brain and triggering similar emotions that can be expressed in a variety of ways.  Maybe the ultimate goal of any artist should be to produce something so good that it inspires others to express & create.    

No comments:

Post a Comment